The term FTP is not heard by very few people, but for those who make a website, the concept of FTP is already too familiar. Because FPT is very important in managing files on the host and many other features. So what is the nature of FTP? Let’s find out about this in the article below!
What is FTP?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is a protocol for transferring files from one computer to another over a TCP network or over the Internet. Thanks to this protocol, users can upload data such as images, documents, music files, videos … from their computer to a server located somewhere else or download files already. get on the server to your personal computer easily. FTP is also a protocol used to transmit web data to a web server even if the server is located very far away.
The FTP protocol is most commonly used for data transmission, shortening time as well as meeting the needs of fast downloading and transferring large capacity data. You can send and receive files up to several hundred megabytes in size without worrying about it not being transferred. It is important that you can upload / download multiple files at the same time to save time without experiencing any problems.
The working model of the FTP protocol
The way the FTP protocol works is based on two basic processes, connection control and data connection. This happens between the FTP client and the FTP server, also known as Control Connection and Data Connection.
- Control connection: When the session starts, during the work, this process will control the connection and only perform the task of control information passed during the process. data transmission.
- Data connection (data connection): Unlike Control connection, this is the process to make connections, not control any more. It will connect the data when data is sent from the server to the client or vice versa. This process runs through the process until the transmission is completed, it also stops.
Methods of data transmission in the FTP protocol
As I mentioned above, FTP is a protocol for transferring files from one computer to another over a TCP network or over the Internet. And this transmission is done in 3 different modes : Stream mode, Block mode, and Compressed mode. Specifically, each method is as follows:
- Stream mode : A method of transferring files with no header structure . Based on the reliability of data transmission and through TCP connection to the receiver, only disconnection is the end of the data connection.
- Block mode : The transmitted data is divided into many segments and then packed into FTP blocks, each packet contains data information and this will make the transmission of data safer and more standard.
- Compressed mode: The 3rd method that the FTP protocol performs, this method will help files, data transfer if it is too heavy, they will help handle that file by compressing them and simply move away. However, now the transmitted files are compressed accordingly, so Block mode is not needed.
You can create FTP Server on your computer
Can you create FTP Server on your computer? This may sound strange, but the fact that you can do with just a Router with built-in FTP and external memory connection to the Router can create an FTP server at home easily. This helps to limit and reduce costs when using.
The importance of FTP is huge in human life. You can find and buy Router devices with integrated FTP function at TOTOLINK Vietnam. These state-of-the-art products will help you in your work better.
Read More :-
- How to view saved WI-FI password in Win10
- CES 2021 Recap [A Quick overview]
- Top Mac OS Shortcut every Mac user should Know